Forthcoming performances :
• LUCIA DI LAMMERMOOR by G. Donizetti at Saint-Céré's festival 2014 and on tour 2014-15
• Concerts with the Greece State Radio Orchestra
• Santiago's National Theatre, Chile
Recent concerts :
• DON GIOVANNI by W.A. Mozart, stage direction by E. Perez, on tour with "Opéra Éclaté"
• MADAMA BUTTERFLY by G. Puccini, Lost in the stars by K.Weill, La Belle de Cadix by F. Lopez, stage direction by O. Desbordes, at Saint Céré's festival in 2012 then on national tour
• CARMEN by G. Bizet with « Al’Opéra » Orchestra
• LE MARTYRE DE SAINT-SÉBASTIEN by C. Debussy in Amsterdam with E. Génovèse and the Netherlands Radio Philharmonic
Particularly praised for his opera repertoire, Gaspard Brécourt was appointed music director and artistic adviser at Compiègne's Imperial Theatre in 2007-8, 2008-9 seasons. Over those two years, he conducted : UNE ÉDUCATION MANQUÉE by E. Chabrier, JEAN DE PARIS and MA TANTE AURORE by F-A. Boïeldieu with A. Noguera et G. Raphanel, DJAMILEH by G. Bizet and several recitals with I. Philippe, A. Noguera and S. Guèze.
In the same period, he conducted the world premiere of CYRANO ET ROXANE by S. Xarhakos at Athens National Opera, in April 2009 , adapted by J-C. Carrière, and directed by D. Freeman.
Previoulsy, Gaspard Brécourt had been praised in Japan in February 2009 for his work with the Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra in a programme of French symphonic pieces.
Besides opera, he added oratorio to his repertoire by conducting J.S. Bach's JOHANNES PASSION with the Versailles Chamber Orchestra on a national tour (2007) and the DAVID CANTATA by G. Bizet with Sébastien Guèze and the Ostinato Orchestra (2008).
From 2008, he joined the « Al’Opéra » Orchestra and performed many times in the theatres of Fontainebleau, Enghien and Corbeil-Essonnes among others. Besides Mozart's repertoire (DON GIOVANNI, COSI FAN TUTTE), he added DIE FLEDERMAUS by J. Strauss and CARMEN by G. Bizet with the same orchestra.
In 2005, he started with LA BOHÈME by G. Puccini and COSI FAN TUTTE by W.A. Mozart with the Ostinato Orchestra at the Herblay theatre.
Trained by maestro M. Janowski, the music director of Radio France's New Philharmonic Orchestra, as an assistant for two years, he perfected his French opera repertoire with maestro J. Fournet up to 2007.
He devotes most of his time to his job as a training conductor for singers in various operas in France and abroad (Paris Opera, Imperial Theatre of Compiègne, Rhine Opera, Teatro Colon of Buenos-Aires…) and in recitals with singers such as I.Vassilieva, A-M Werster, M.Vidal, M. Defontaine, C. Mutel.
He received a musical education at a very early age, Gaspard Brécourt started studying at Radio France's choir for five years, then at the CNR in Boulogne Billancourt where he received his first awards for piano, accompaniment, percussion, harmony and counterpoint.